Wednesday, February 12, 2014


30 – depressed from a disability



I strained my back, hip and hamstring. It hurts and it's difficult for me to get comfortable, especially while trying to sleep. I have to skip my Pilates classes, and slow myself down, try not lift heavy objects for the next six weeks. This totally sucks because I really don't want to skip Pilates, or not lift heavy objects. That is what my 'happy' part of life entails. So now I feel sad and un-motivated. I do have more time to study now, but I am finding it quite difficult, as I do not have a teacher to explain to me what some of the stuff I don't understand means. So I have become almost despondent, very close to wanting to give up. I've been diversing my attention to a non-stress-full outlet such as looking at clothes on the internet. I am ignoring my 'problems' and it is getting me nowhere but depressed.



First of all, life is not always easy, and I can't always expect it to be easy. I am allowing life's 'up and downs' to affect my emotions, and I don't have to. I don't want to. So I will not give up. I will accept the situation I am in and work with it. It is a change of plans that I did not expect, but instead of whining about it, I will just adjust my schedule to what needs to be done, and to what I can still do in this 'crippled' state.






No comments: