Tuesday, April 22, 2014


54 -Importance of responsibilities



Mind games are easy to play with self, and entertaining. They are also a false 'escape route'. So as I like to think I've found an escape to responsibility, I am only fooling myself into forgetting temporarily. I am stuffing my thoughts of “what needs to be done”, (judged as grueling), back into the deep realms of my secret mind.


Interesting, mind judges thought, then mind tucks away that judged thought accordingly, in sections of 'good' verses 'bad', and attempts to do anything it takes to forget about the 'bad', all the while placing the 'good' thoughts for-front and center as to soak in celebration of them.





Just a few examples of what thought of mine might make it into the 'good' section up front:

Instant reward

Familiar

Easy to complete

Quick to complete



And a few example of the 'bad' ones I like to 'store in the basement':

Little or no instant reward

Difficult

Unfamiliar



I've learned how to temporarily escape responsibilities, but without a good outcome. Like in my last post I mentioned depression from avoidance of responsibilities. These thoughts listed above are cluttering my head, making my shoulders heavy and heart pressed. They are thoughts, judgments, not action, not living.



The 'bad' ones are waiting for direction. Just sitting in my head. I need to face them as I face the 'good' ones, take responsibility, take action. Then I will be living my word, living in discipline, and realizing the importance of responsibilities.



I know how to do this as I have done it many times before. I think, I entertain myself, allowing myself to play these games until it becomes no more fun as I sink into the depression of in-action.






No comments: